PLEASE NOTE: Due to high demand, this wheel is on a 4-6 week lead-time, you will be contacted when ready for the build.
AERO VOLANT ROAD 8.6 FULL CARBON REAR WHEEL
Tubeless Ready Clincher - Rim Brake - Road Race - Front Wheel
Built for acceleration, speed, responsiveness and the tough British environment; the Aero Volant Road 86mm deep carbon front bike wheel defines the best of our 3rd Generation™ full carbon aero advanced road racing wheels. Built using the very latest in carbon technologies; the aerospace-grade resin ThermSet™ and unidirectional Toray full-carbon fibre are moulded into our latest CFD optimised Pro-Mach 2™ aerodynamic elliptical design, creating a technically superior carbon race rim on which to encompass the world's leading DT Swiss 350 racing wheel hub and Sapim aero spokes. We have strived for perfection and this road wheel is propelling us towards that perfection. This racing wheel is super light, super stiff, super strong and hand-built by Master Wheel-builders, a winning combination for a winning ride.
The super-fast Aero Volant 8.6 is a lightweight high-depth carbon racing wheel with outstanding stiffness and is aerodynamically designed as an out and out race day road wheel. The technically advanced Pro-Mach 2™ aerofoil shape reduces aerodynamic drag and is designed to cut through headwinds, mitigate side winds and help create maximum stability on all road surfaces. The 86mm deep full carbon Aero Volant rim coupled with the industry-leading DT Swiss 350 hub and Sapim CX-Ray or CX-Sprint aero spokes is design engineered for years and years of racing in all conditions. This wheel is at home winning club races and time track days, but its outstanding power transitional efficiency, can be critical when used for time trials, endurance events and ultra-distance cycling.
- Rim Build | Tubeless Ready Clincher - 3rd Generation Pro-Mach 2™ aerodynamic rim design using Toray T700/T800 UniDirectional carbon fibre with re-enforced 3K weave rim bed for enhanced durability and high-temperature resistant ThermSet™ TG resin with 3K laser grooved brake track.
- Rim Size | 86mm deep full carbon rim - 700c - 28mm total external width - 25mm brake track width - 18mm internal width featuring Pro-Fit™ easy installation bead lock system, optimised for increased aerodynamic performance when fitted with 25-28c size tyres.
- Hubs | DT Swiss 350 straight pull or J bend 100/5mm quick release hub with high quality stainless steel bearings giving high load capacity and outstanding reliability. Learn More
- Spokes | 24 - 32 Sapim - Aero Elliptical Design - double butted with secure lock brass nipples - nickel-coated black Learn More
- Spoke Pattern | laced, tensioned and trued F 20 - 32 x radial pattern
- Tyre Compatibility | tube tyre or tubeless - wheel built with tubeless tape fitted
- Approved Brake Pads | SwissStop Flash Pro Black Prince
- Build Services | Choose our MasterBuild service or our industry-leading Ultra-Build™ service. Learn More
- Axles | Axle adaptors can be fitted by your Master Wheel Builder using our Ultrabuild service.
- Wheel Weight | ????g | Recommended max rider weight 100kg
- Included | wheel bag – service booklet - wheel build birth card – wheel manual – - 100mm titanium QR skewer
- View full road wheel specification sheets here
AVR 8.6 350 FULL CARBON FRONT RIM BRAKE CUSTOM
Our UK leading Master Wheel Builders have gained years of in-depth knowledge building performance bike wheels and use this knowledge with passion and dedication when building our world-beating race wheels to our industry-leading specifications and wheel build tolerances.
Your order will be built by your nearest Master Wheel Builder using your billing address. If you want to change wheel builder, please locate your preferred builder using the link below and inform us in the `add notes` section of your shopping cart.
Master-Build™ Service: Wheels handbuilt by your Master Wheel Builder to the build options selected, trued, tested and fitted with tubeless-ready tape. This wheel service does not include tyres, tubes, valves, tubeless setup etc. Collection or delivery is available.
Ultra-Build™ Service: Your Master Wheel Builder will contact you to discuss and provide professional advice on the best ancillary products for you and your riding style. The order is handbuilt using our full setup to race Ultra-Build™ service and fitting to your bike is optional. Collection or delivery is available.
Please note: You can cancel Ultra-Build™ service or swap to our Master-Build™ service anytime before the confirmed build date. The cost of ancillary products and the fitting required for Ultra-Build™ is agreed with and paid directly to, the Master Wheelbuiding Business.
LEARN MORE about our Master-Build™ and Ultra-Build™ services
LOCATE Your Master Wheelbuilder